Schréder has a century-long tradition of innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, with the ultimate focus on creating meaningful moments for people in public spaces.
In 2019, we will start creating the future of lightability, from Portugal to the World. We will build a new center of excellence in Lisbon that aims to position Schréder amongst the global leaders in SmartCity solutions. For this vision to become a reality, Schréder will make a significant investment and build a team of over 50 highly talented people.
We’re looking forward to hiring people who are excited about making a difference. You can become a part of our team, where everybody’s contribution will have an impact – from basic research to development, from marketing our solution to the world to selling it to our clients across the globe.
WHAT ARE WE HIRING
We are looking for a Hardware Systems Architect for an IoT Product Development Company. As a Hardware Systems Architect you will be defining, crafting, and guiding the end-to-end implementation of a complex hardware, not only at system level but also at the associated sub-systems. The product architecture will define the state-of-the-art edge computing, integration and support for a diverse set of hardware, such as cameras, sensors and beyond. You will be expected to take a strong hands-on role, by working with diverse teams and external partners to meet Customer Requirements while ensuring seamless integration between devices.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Own the end-to-end internal communication infrastructure and backhaul communication to core networks of the product;
- Design and specify the panel component layout using electrical design software and hands on POCs;
- Generate electrical schematics, to include as-built and field wiring provisions;
- Develop and review project related drawings and documentation packages, such as wiring diagrams, bill of materials (BOMs), one lines, cable specifications, network diagrams, manuals and regulatory submittals;
- Develop detailed electrical drawings for controls and automation hardware for panel fabrication and field-use, using AutoCAD and Eplan;
- Create patents and IPRs;
- Collaborate across the company to guide the direction of the product architecture, and develop a long-term implementation roadmap, working with hardware design, software, cloud, firmware and research teams;
- Research, design, and develop architecture solutions meeting internal and external requirements and standards;
- Work with customers, partners and the management team to identify and address opportunities, issues or threats that might impact on the scalability of the product;
- Identify and evaluate next-generation hardware technologies for suitability, to incorporate into our existing or feature products.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- BsC. or M.SC. in Electronics Engineering or related field;
- + 5 years of relevante experience;
- Hands on experience and knowledge of structured cabling systems (Cat5/6, BUS, Fiber Optic), Video Surveillance, Access Control Systems, IoT frameworks, communication technologies and protocols;
- Experience in the technology industry, with focus on hardware, cabling, communication standards and communication between devices;
- Knowledge of the electronic and electrical engineering fields with speciality in the interaction between analogue, digital and electromechanical systems;
- In-depth understanding of hardware at system level;
- Experience in overall architecture of electronic hardware for products and solutions including edge technologies and architectures (e.g. Microsoft Azure);
- Practical knowledge of connecting an array of different end points (devices) to a gateway;
- Knowledge of system-level technologies (e.g., Cloud computing, machine learning), and understanding of their implications on IoT networks and systems would be a plus;
- Working knowledge in areas such as Industrial Automation, Smart Buildings/ Smart Home, Gateway & Edge computing with a working knowledge on network operations would also be a plus;
- Experience with instrumentation, sensors, drives/motor control and the related power distribution;
- Knowledge of fieldbus networks, i.e. DALI, KNX, BacNet;
- Knowledge of wireless sensor networks, i.e. Zigbee, WiSun, LoraWan, SigFox;
- Knowledge of Phoenix and Weidmüller PLC systems is a plus;
- Fluent in English.
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
- We hire people, not competencies.
- You can become a part of our team, where everybody’s contribution will have an impact – from basic research to development, from marketing our solution to the world to selling it to community leaders, our clients.
- Our leaders work everyday to build an organization, where our people have the courage to believe, learn to innovate, are results-driven with purpose, value agile execution and, above all, are loyal to ourselves and our partners.
- We value collaboration and foster open and transparent communication, one of the many reasons why our leaders are continuously coached on how to create an even stronger Schréder.
- Schréder wants to be known as a place for talent to thrive. We’re building an organization that focuses on creating an environment for people to learn and grow, with a high-proximity between managers and their teams, with significant time being dedicated to our people’s growth.
- At Schréder, we create opportunities for our people, and want our center of excellence in Portugal to become a stepping stone for great careers, offering a competitive pay, in line with the best compensation packages in the market.
Are you looking forward for a game changer and thrilling career move? Let us share more information about this opportunity. Apply!