Schréder has a century-long tradition of innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, with the ultimate focus on creating meaningful moments for people in public spaces.
In 2019, we will start creating the future of lightability, from Portugal to the World. We will build a new center of excellence in Lisbon that aims to position Schréder amongst the global leaders in Smart City solutions. For this vision to become a reality, Schréder will make a significant investment and build a team of over 50 highly talented people.
We’re looking forward to hiring people who are excited about making a difference. You can become a part of our team, where everybody’s contribution will have an impact – from basic research to development, from marketing our solution to the world to selling it to our clients across the globe.
WHAT WE ARE HIRING
We are looking for an experienced Embedded Software / Firmware Developer for our smart cities solutions. The software content in outdoor lighting systems is steadily growing especially driven by the demand for flexible solutions and sensor integration.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Come with innovative answers to our requirements together with our architect.
- Design, development &implementation of embedded software modules.
- Release &maintain high quality embedded software, including documentation.
- Diagnose, analyze, localize & fix software bugs.
- Perform unit, component test & system test.
- Actively contribute in continuously improving our agile software design flow.
- Work closely with external service providers worldwide.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- B.Sc.or M.Sc., degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer science or related field with minimum 3-5 years of experience in embedded software development;
- Fluent in programming language C/C++;
- Being able to code for re-use, maintainability and readability;
- Actively developing testing methods, we welcome experience on automated testing;
- Preferably having knowledge of electronics HW design;
- Fluent in English;
- Open for worldwide short-term travel;
- Lisbon area-based.
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
- We hire people, not competencies.
- You can become a part of our team, where everybody’s contribution will have an impact – from basic research to development, from marketing our solution to the world to selling it to community leaders, our clients.
- Our leaders work everyday to build an organization, where our people have the courage to believe, learn to innovate, are results-driven with purpose, value agile execution and, above all, are loyal to ourselves and our partners.
- We value collaboration and foster open and transparent communication, one of the many reasons why our leaders are continuously coached on how to create an even stronger Schréder.
- Schréder wants to be known as a place for talent to thrive. We’re building an organization that focuses on creating an environment for people to learn and grow, with a high-proximity between managers and their teams, with significant time being dedicated to our people’s growth.
- At Schréder, we create opportunities for our people, and want our center of excellence in Portugal to become a stepping stone for great careers, offering a competitive pay, in line with the best compensation packages in the market.
Do you feel inspired by our mission and up for the challenge? Apply!