Schréder has a century-long tradition of innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, with the ultimate focus on creating meaningful moments for people in public spaces.
In 2019, we will start creating the future of lightability, from Portugal to the World. We will build a new center of excellence in Lisbon that aims to position Schréder amongst the global leaders in Smart City solutions. For this vision to become a reality, Schréder will make a significant investment and build a team of over 50 highly talented people.
We’re looking forward to hiring people who are excited about making a difference. You can become a part of our team, where everybody’s contribution will have an impact – from basic research to development, from marketing our solution to the world to selling it to our clients across the globe.
WHAT ARE WE HIRING
We are looking for a Devops Engineer for our smart cities solutions. As a Devops Engineer you will be reporting directly to the Devops Engineer Team leader and you will be responsible for working together with our software and firmware engineering teams to deploy their smart cities’ solutions and manage their infrastructure, associated processes and system. Works closely with the other development teams to ensure high-quality, timely and cost-efficient deliveries.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors;
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch;
- Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed;
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed;
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise;
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements;
- Developing new product features, and writing automating scripts;
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes;
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT and SVN;
- Offer technical support where needed, developing software for our back-end systems;
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve;
- Contribute to make deliveries on scope, time & budget;
- Deliver a reliable, secure, unit & system teste documented solutions integrated with other development teams (electronic, firmware & mechanical);
- Report progress, issues & risks in structured & recurrent way;
- Come with innovative solutions working in close collaboration with Project Manager & Architects;
- Manage the infrastructure and operation’s team for all platforms;
- Main technologies : AKS, Azure DevOps , Azure App Service, Terraform, Docker containers, Dynatrace, Azure API Management, NGINX.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science/Maths;
- Min. 3 years of experience in similar positions;
- Cloud-native experience with service providers such as Azure and AWS, working in PaaS, FaaS and IaaS (more than 1 years);
- Excellent understanding of .NET/.NET Core, Java, Scala, Python, Spring, Angular, HTML5, CSS3;
- Experience working with infrastructure monitoring, APMs (e.g. Dynatrace, AppDynamics, DataDog, etc.);
- Vast experience working with CI/CD pipelines, deployment strategies, infrastructure-as-code, pro-active monitoring, self-healing practices and advanced automation;
- Knowledge of cloud-native architectural patterns for performance, availability, resilience, scalability and security;
- Knowledge of development best patterns and practices, always aligned with the software development lifecycle;
- Mobile web (adaptive, responsive), Progressive Web App, mobile app (native, hybrid), APIs (RESTful/OData/JSON) and API design;
- Preferred: ecommerce (hybris, etc), Selfservice (oracle WCS), omni-channel (SAP/Netcracker/qvantel/ Oracle/Dynacommerce, cerillion), Mobile App development (iOS, Android), API Management Platform (e.g. Mulesfot, Dell Boomi, Oracle Fusion, MS Biztalk, Google/Apigee, Software AG, Azure API Management GW, AWS Gateway, IBM API Connect);
- Knowledge in IoT Solutions and Lighting Solutions is a plus;
- Fluent in English;
- Portuguese and French is a plus.
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
- We hire people, not competencies.
- You can become a part of our team, where everybody’s contribution will have an impact – from basic research to development, from marketing our solution to the world to selling it to community leaders, our clients.
- Our leaders work everyday to build an organization, where our people have the courage to believe, learn to innovate, are results-driven with purpose, value agile execution and, above all, are loyal to ourselves and our partners.
- We value collaboration and foster open and transparent communication, one of the many reasons why our leaders are continuously coached on how to create an even stronger Schréder.
- Schréder wants to be known as a place for talent to thrive. We’re building an organization that focuses on creating an environment for people to learn and grow, with a high-proximity between managers and their teams, with significant time being dedicated to our people’s growth.
- At Schréder, we create opportunities for our people, and want our center of excellence in Portugal to become a stepping stone for great careers, offering a competitive pay, in line with the best compensation packages in the market.
Are you looking forward for a game changer and thrilling career move? Let us share more information about this opportunity. Apply!