Schréder has a century-long tradition of innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, with the ultimate focus on creating meaningful moments for people in public spaces.
In 2019, we will start creating the future of lightability, from Portugal to the World. We will build a new center of excellence in Lisbon that aims to position Schréder amongst the global leaders in Smart City solutions. For this vision to become a reality, Schréder will make a significant investment and build a team of over 50 highly talented people.
We’re looking forward to hiring people who are excited about making a difference. You can become a part of our team, where everybody’s contribution will have an impact – from basic research to development, from marketing our solution to the world to selling it to our clients across the globe.
WHAT WE ARE HIRING
We are looking for a Release Manager who will be responsible for the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. When necessary provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production. He works with internal & external development teams, reporting directly to the Development Director.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Report progress, issues & risks in structured & recurrent way;
- Develop a network of contacts internally & within our network of partners;
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio;
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality;
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations;
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates;
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes;
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews;
- Weekly Release Reporting;
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities;
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors;
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists;
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms;
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Master’s degree in Computer Science Engineering, Maths or similar;
- +6 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development;
- +2 years of previous release and/or project management experience;
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion;
- Training in project management practices will be valued;
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Portuguese or French will be valued.
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
- We hire people, not competencies.
- You can become a part of our team, where everybody’s contribution will have an impact – from basic research to development, from marketing our solution to the world to selling it to community leaders, our clients.
- Our leaders work everyday to build an organization, where our people have the courage to believe, learn to innovate, are results-driven with purpose, value agile execution and, above all, are loyal to ourselves and our partners.
- We value collaboration and foster open and transparent communication, one of the many reasons why our leaders are continuously coached on how to create an even stronger Schréder.
- Schréder wants to be known as a place for talent to thrive. We’re building an organization that focuses on creating an environment for people to learn and grow, with a high-proximity between managers and their teams, with significant time being dedicated to our people’s growth.
- At Schréder, we create opportunities for our people, and want our center of excellence in Portugal to become a stepping stone for great careers, offering a competitive pay, in line with the best compensation packages in the market.
Do you feel inspired by our mission and up for the challenge? Apply!