Schréder has a century-long tradition of innovation and entrepreneurial spirit with an ultimate focus on creating meaningful moments for people in public spaces. In 2019 we founded Schréder Hyperion in Lisbon, Portugal – Schréder’s center of excellence focusing on the future of Lightability that aims to position Schréder amongst the global leaders in Smart City solutions.
WHO ARE WE HIRING?
We are looking for a Data Scientist for our smart cities’ solutions. As a Data Scientist, you will work in the Development team with a 360º perspective, to turn raw data from multiple sources into valuable insights that can unblock business challenges
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Use strong business acumen, as well as an ability to communicate findings, and mine vast amounts of data for useful insights;
- Use these insights to influence how an organisation approaches business challenges;
- Use a combined knowledge of computer science and applications, modelling, statistics, analytics, and maths to solve problems;
- Make recommendations to adapt existing business strategies;
- Partner and align with data engineers, data analysts, data scientists, business leaders, stakeholders, product managers and internal teams to enable data driven solutions to key business challenges;
- Assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods;
- Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce innovative solutions.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative fields;
- Experience with Machine Learning platforms and technologies, such as TensorFlow, Keras and/or Azure Machine Learning;
- Experience with SQL, No-SQL, Data warehousing, Data modelling, ETL, Dashboarding and Reporting;
- Experience with dashboarding tools (eg. Tableau, PowerBI, etc);
- Experience with statistical analysis programming languages (R, Python, etc);
- Results oriented with track record of achieving established targets;
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written in both native and English languages;
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way;
- Ability to visualize data in the most effective way possible for a given project or study;
- Excellent attention to detail.
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
- We hire people, not competencies.
- You can become a part of our team, where everybody’s contribution will have an impact – from basic research to development, from marketing our solution to the world to selling it to community leaders, our clients.
- Our leaders work every day to build an organization, where our people have the courage to believe, learn to innovate, are results-driven with purpose, value agile execution and, above all, are loyal to ourselves and our partners.
- We value collaboration and foster open and transparent communication, one of the many reasons why our leaders are continuously coached on how to create an even stronger Schréder.
- Schréder wants to be known as a place for talent to thrive. We’re building an organization that focuses on creating an environment for people to learn and grow, with a high proximity between managers and their teams, with significant time being dedicated to our people’s growth.
- At Schréder, we create opportunities for our people, and want our center of excellence in Portugal to become a steppingstone for great careers, offering a competitive pay, in line with the best compensation packages in the market.
Are you looking forward for a game changer and thrilling career move? Let us share more information about this opportunity. Apply!