Schréder has a century-long tradition of innovation and entrepreneurial spirit with an ultimate focus on creating meaningful moments for people in public spaces. In 2019 we founded Schréder Hyperion in Lisbon, Portugal – Schréder’s center of excellence focusing on the future of Lightability that aims to position Schréder amongst the global leaders in Smart City solutions.
WHO ARE WE HIRING?
We are looking for a Firmware Developer for our smart cities solutions. The software content in outdoor lighting systems is steadily growing especially driven by the demand for flexible solutions and sensor integration. The Firmware Developer will be responsible for developing, testing and implementing instructions, called algorithms, which enable the hardware from our smart cities’ solutions to function, and will work closely with the other development teams to ensure high-quality, timely and cost-efficient deliveries.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for firmware development and testing of our hardware solutions;
- Investigate, analyze & fix firmware based issues;
- Deliver technical user stories in line with the agreed architecture, features & user stories;
- Contribute to make deliveries on scope, time & budget;
- Deliver a reliable, secure, unit & system tested documented solutions integrated with other development teams;
- Delivers in an agile development environment;
- Report progress, issues & risks in structured & recurrent way;
- Come with innovative solutions working in close collaboration with Project Manager & Architects;
- Subject matter expert in firmware development languages, tools & environments;
- Execute code reviews;
- Develop a network of contacts in the electronic industry.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor or Master in Engineering or Computer Science;
- Min of 3 years of experience;
- Full proficiency in English;
- Portuguese and French is a plus;
- Subject matter expert in firmware development languages (ex: C or C++), tools & environments
- Ability to define test plans to ensure compliance to requirements and perform tests using laboratory tools
- Microsoft Azure Certifications (is a plus)
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
- We hire people, not competencies.
- You can become a part of our team, where everybody’s contribution will have an impact – from basic research to development, from marketing our solution to the world to selling it to community leaders, our clients.
- Our leaders work everyday to build an organization, where our people have the courage to believe, learn to innovate, are results-driven with purpose, value agile execution and, above all, are loyal to ourselves and our partners.
- We value collaboration and foster open and transparent communication, one of the many reasons why our leaders are continuously coached on how to create an even stronger Schréder.
- Schréder wants to be known as a place for talent to thrive. We’re building an organization that focuses on creating an environment for people to learn and grow, with a high-proximity between managers and their teams, with significant time being dedicated to our people’s growth.
- At Schréder, we create opportunities for our people, and want our center of excellence in Portugal to become a stepping stone for great careers, offering a competitive pay, in line with the best compensation packages in the market.
Do you feel inspired by our mission and up for the challenge? Apply!