Schréder has a century-long tradition of innovation and entrepreneurial spirit with an ultimate focus on creating meaningful moments for people in public spaces. In 2019 we founded Schréder Hyperion in Lisbon, Portugal – Schréder’s center of excellence focusing on the future of Lightability that aims to position Schréder amongst the global leaders in Smart City solutions.
WHO ARE WE HIRING?
We are looking for an electronic engineer for our smart cities solutions. As an electronic engineer, you will work with internal & external development teams, industry partners and research experts on topics like IOT Smart Roads and Public Safety Sensors.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Come with innovative answers to address requirements;
- Work in close collaboration with HW Architects & Project Manager;
- Design, prototype and test simple electronic solution;
- Support, test and review complex design made with our partners;
- Investigate, analyse & fix issues;
- LIfe-cycle activities;
- Develop a network of contact in electronics industry.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- M.Sc. degree in Electronics with max 3 years of experience;
- Ability to define a tests plan to ensure compliance to requirements and perform tests using laboratory tools (oscilloscopes, power meter …);
- Ability to build prototypes & debug them;
- Knowledge of Schematic and PCB layout design (Altium);
- First industrial experience and knowledge of electronic assembly process;
- Knowledge of software programming basics related to embedded systems and test applications is a plus;
- Experience with "design to cost" and design reliability assessment is a plus;
- Knowledge of Wireless communications (WiSun, Bluetooth, etc.), Wired communications (Ethernet, RS-232, RS-485, DMX, DALI) and LED Drivers, 1-10V is a plus;
- Fluent in English;
- Open for worldwide short-term travel;
- Lisbon area-based.
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
- We hire people, not competencies.
- You can become a part of our team, where everybody’s contribution will have an impact – from basic research to development, from marketing our solution to the world to selling it to community leaders, our clients.
- Our leaders work everyday to build an organization, where our people have the courage to believe, learn to innovate, are results-driven with purpose, value agile execution and, above all, are loyal to ourselves and our partners.
- We value collaboration and foster open and transparent communication, one of the many reasons why our leaders are continuously coached on how to create an even stronger Schréder.
- Schréder wants to be known as a place for talent to thrive. We’re building an organization that focuses on creating an environment for people to learn and grow, with a high-proximity between managers and their teams, with significant time being dedicated to our people’s growth.
- At Schréder, we create opportunities for our people, and want our center of excellence in Portugal to become a stepping stone for great careers, offering a competitive pay, in line with the best compensation packages in the market.
Do you feel inspired by our mission and up for the challenge? Apply!